Frequently Asked Questions – Canada Immigration

As per CIC, the time for an application processing for permanent residence varies from between 6 months and 8 months, in some case it may also exceed the time depending on the immigration Officer. If your case is complex or if there are missing documents, it may take longer.

  • Can live, study and live anywhere in Canada.
  • Can apply for Canadian Citizenship.
  • Can get the Health Care and most of the other social benefits, which Canadian Citizen receives
  • Is protected under Canadian Law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom.

The Permanent Resident are not allowed to:

  • Vote or Run a political office
  • Get any job that need a high-level security clearance
The main difference is a work permit visa is a temporary visa whereas Canada immigration visa is a permanent resident visa. The individuals availing work permit visa can work in Canada for a period and are abound to certain regulations of the government. The individuals bearing Canada immigration visa can live anywhere in Canada of their choice and enjoy a set of privileges provided by the government of Canada.

Should you required more specific information relevant to your case, you can contact our Immigration experts on +91 7045 688 237 or email [email protected]

Canada Immigration PR visas may be issued to qualified skilled workers, provincial nominees, and business persons under Canada economic immigration categories. Close family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be issued Canada immigration Visa through family sponsorship.
The Provincial Nomination Program was established by CIC to allow Canada’s different provinces and territories to select individuals who indicate an interest in settling in a particular province/territory and who will be able to continue to that province economic development.
The rules and regulations of Canada immigration bound to change. These changes certainly effect the individual depending upon their application requirement. The changes will not affect the applicants whose application are already launched.
Initial Port of entry has to be made within the period as stated in the Visa grant letter.
You must be physically present for 3 years out of 5 years before applying for Citizenship as per the new law. The stay need not have to be continuous.
Any eligible relative can sponsor a family visa; provided the sponsor has valid Canadian PR Status or a citizenship of Canada.
Yes, every child in Canada receives Free Education and this is applicable to immigrants too. It starts at the age of 4 or 5 and continues till the age of 15 or 16 i.e., until they complete their secondary school
Yes, Police certificate is required for the Primary Applicant and Spouse if they are the citizen of the country.
If the duration of stay in International country is for 6 months or more whether continuous or Non-continuous then the Police certificate for that International country is essential.
You can include your spouse and your dependent children on your application. For the purposes of your application, a dependent child is defined as a child less than 19 year of age who is not married or in a common-law relationship, or a child over the age of 19 but less than 22 who is currently enrolled in an educational institution and is financially dependent on you. It is important to keep in mind that Canada recognizes same-sex partnerships.
You must keep the Canadian Immigration Visa Office informed of any changes in your family composition while your application is in process. If your family composition changes after your Visa is issued, you must advise Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to add a spouse or child to your application, provided you have not yet landed in Canada.
Yes, Dependents including Spouse/Primary Applicant will be able to work if you include them in the Express Entry Application.
If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired in less than nine months, you can renew it using the paper application form for a PR card. It is the same application whether you are applying for a new or renewing an existing one.
No, to claim 5 points under adaptability there are 3 criteria
  • The relative must be living in Canada
  • He/ She should hold citizenship or PR resident card of Canada.
  • He/ She should be above 18 years of age
It depends on case to case and how many years of experience you have with all the proper documents and how many points you are going to claim for the same. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada considers the experience for the last 10 years.

Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can’t use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access them to use to settle here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family you must include:
  • yourself
  • your spouse or partner
  • your dependent children and
  • your spouse’s dependent children

This includes your spouse or dependent children who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

You will need to show proof that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

Number of Family Members Funds Required in CAD
1 $12,475
2 $15,531
3 $19,093
4 $23,181
5 $26,292
6 $29,652
7 $33,014
For each additional family member $3,361
You must stay at least 2 years in a span of 5 years to maintain the PR status active and it need not have to be continuous.
Education Credential Assessment is a document verification to find out if your Foreign Education is valid and Equivalent to Canadian one. If your Education documents are from Canada then no need to get it evaluated.
There are 7 organizations currently designated by IRCC to provide Educational Credential Assessment or ECA report services. They are shown below.

  1. World Education Services ( WES)
  2. International Qualification Assessment Service ( IQAS)
  3. International Credential Assessment Service of Canada ( ICAS)
  4. Comparative Education Services ( CES)
  5. International Credential Evaluation Service ( ICES)
  6. Medical Council of Canada
  7. Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada

If your question is not listed about or you want to speak to our Canadian immigration experts, you can contact them on +91 7045 688 237 or email [email protected]