Canada PR for Indians
Last year (2019), Canada has granted PR (Permanent residency) status to a whopping 85,585 Indians. This figure, accounts for over 25% of the total 3.41 lakh foreigners granted Canadian permanent residency by the IRCC, to those who applied through the Express Entry Programme (1 in 4 invitees are Indians)!
Indians have long been aspiring for settlement in developed countries of the west and the United States has been their favourite destination, leading to an incredible boost to the US Information and Technology industry (Indian IT companies alone, contributed approx. 57.2 billion to the country’s GDP in 2017). However, in the recent years, the reformed immigration rules and uncertainty surrounding the status of current migrants in the US, the focus of Indian tech migrants has shifted elsewhere.
Canada has welcomed this shift with open arms and is continually making efforts to introduce liberal immigration policies to expand the limitation on immigrant intake through its various federal (Express Entry) as well as provincial immigration programs (PNPs). Canada’s immigrant intake has grown by 19% since 2017.
Canada offers its migrants excellent migration incentives in the form of:
- World class education (free public school education for children up to the age of 18 years, this includes permanent residents as well)
- Access to free health care benefits
- Booming job market (Canada’s tech industry is rapidly expanding and is in desperate need of international tech-talent)
- High standard of living and a safe environment (Canada is the 6th safest country in the world according to the 2019 Global Peace Index)
- Vast natural resources and opportunities for rural entrepreneurship (Canada has a very low population density which means that there is easier access to tap into its vast natural resources)
- Cultural diversity and extremely welcoming people (Canadian people are known to be some of the friendliest people of the world and thanks to its liberal immigration policies, it is home to a variety of global cultures)
Indians seem to have noticed the benefits of settlement in Canada and Canada has reciprocated their interest with the liberalisation of its immigration regulations! “Canada gives smoother immigration transition possibilities along with the same cosmopolitan life as the big cities across the US.” says Ravi Bhat, an Indian Physician currently residing in the US.
To know more about our Canada immigration services, browse through our website OR
Receive regular updates about your Canada Visa News, Guidelines, New Canada Visa Law and more.