During a Spousal Sponsorship application, the sponsored spouse may be asked to attend an interview at the local visa office the sponsoring spouse is usually not required to attend an interview, though this may be different for inland applications. Here is a list of potential Canada Spousal sponsorship interview questions.
These questions you may be asked at an interview for a sponsorship application. Some of the questions would only be asked for outland applicants while others for inland applicants only. Most are applicable to both situations.
The Canada Spousal sponsorship Interview questions are categorized into segments based on their nature:
Communications between the two of you
- When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
- Who initiated contact?
- How often did you contact each other before meeting person?
- How did you communicate?
- Where is your proof?
- How often did you talk on the phone?
- Do you have phone bills, emails, cards, etc, and can I see them?
Visiting Canada (if applicable)
- Where did you first land in Canada? What date?
- How many times have you be to Canada? How long did you stay each time?
- Have you ever stayed in Canada after your visa has expired?
- Why did you overstay?
- What did you do to rectify the situation?
- When did you leave Canada the last time?
- Did your spouse ever go to your home country prior to your relationship
- Did you go to Canada prior to your relationship with your spouse?
- What is your husband’s/wife’s/partner’s name?
- What do you call him/her?
- How old is your spouse?
- What is your spouse’s birth date?
- What color is his/her hair/eyes?
- Does your spouse wear glasses or contact lenses?
- Does your spouse have any distinguishing features?
- Where was your spouse born?
- Does your spouse have any allergies?
- What do you do together?
- Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them
- What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
- What kind of books does your spouse read?
The above questions are typically the challenging kinds as you might not see it coming. Besides these, they are also allowed, and might, ask you questions about your employment, you and your spouse’s living situation and plans in Canada, your marriage details, and the details of you and your spouse’s family members.
Smart Assisance for Smart Immigration
The SmartMove2Canada (a unit of SmartMove Immigration) provides comprehensive assistance to our clients with every aspect of Canadian visas and immigration. This includes interview preparation as and when required. We trust that you found this list of Canada Spousal Sponsorhip Interview questions useful. If you require more clarity and assistance, feel free to drop in an email to [email protected]
Avail SmartMove Immigration’s world class immigration assistance for your Canadian Spousal Class applications by dropping in your details below, or simply give us a call on the number below.
Think Visas, Think SmartMove Immigration
You can connect with us on