Canada is a great place to visit. This country charms almost every traveler who travels to this Maple Leaf nation. It is a preferred destination for the travelers from all over the globe. Canada is one of the most desirable nations with some striking landscapes. The country is popularly renowned for its industrial improvements, huge topography and prosperous natural resources. It is combination of awe-inspiring tourist attractions, unique sites and natural beauty. All these things entice foreign nationals to visit Canada for tourism.

Canada Tourist/Visit Visa is a temporary visa allows the applicant to visit Canada either for a holiday or visit a friend or family. This visa is normally granted for 6 months and can be expanded depending upon the requirement. The visa holder is not allowed to take up any job under this visa and is anticipated to leave Canada prior to the visa expires. He/she can visit Canada together with his/her dependents and children.

There are different types of visas under Tourist/Visit Visa. A Single Entry Canada Visitor Visa allows candidates to explore Canada for a period of 6 months. However, the applicant can obtain an expansion of a minimum 30 days prior to the expiry of the original visa, when they are in Canada. In Multiple Entry Canada Visitor Visa, the applicant can get in and leave on a number of events during the validity of the Canadian travel visa. A Transit Canada Visa is developed for individuals transiting with Canada heading to yet another location; the length of stay should not be longer than 48 hours.

Every year, over 35 million people visit Canada. Some for travel and leisure, others to visit family. Whatever your reason is, you may require the proper documentation to enter Canada. If you come from a country which is considered to be visa exempt, you may not require a visitor visa (temporary resident visa). However, those who do not come from visa exempt countries will need to fist obtain this visa before they can even board a plane to Canada.

This visa is granted for foreign nationals or non-Canadians individuals who want to visit Canada for a short term period either for tourism and visiting loved ones. Depending on the place an applicant stay, they should meet the criteria.

Requirements for Visitor/Temporary Resident Visa

For Individual

You must show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay.
You must also:

  • satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • Abide by health requirements.
  • Proof should be produced which states applicants ties with nation such as home, financial assets, job or family relations
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility.
  • Invitation letter from somebody who is already living in Canada.

For minors

Minors travelling alone must carry information concerning the person who will be responsible. If the child is the subject of a custody order or is travelling with one parent, proof of custody or the other parent’s consent for the trip must also be provided. It is recommended that minors travelling without their parents have a letter of permission to travel from the non-accompanying parent(s). This will allow the Border Service Officers to facilitate entry of these travelers. In the federal context and according to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, a child is a person under the age of 18.

Other documents as required, e.g., a letter of invitation or other explanation for the trip, evidence of links to home countries, proof of present immigration status in the country of application.

For a Parent and Grandparent Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa

The letter of invitation required for a Parent and Grandparent Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa must also indicate if the child or grandchild’s income meets or exceeds the LICO minimum for the total number of persons, including the visiting parent(s) or grandparent(s).
Listed below are some areas officers should explore with applicants. The purpose of these questions is to determine whether:

  • applicants intend to remain in Canada illegally, claim refugee status or otherwise seek to remain in Canada, and not abide by the requirement to leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their temporary stay

Note: A person may have a dual or eventual intent to become a permanent resident, but in order to qualify for a temporary resident visa, they must demonstrate that they have the capacity and willingness to leave Canada at the end of the authorized temporary period (refer to dual intent).

  • the ties to their home country are sufficiently strong to ensure that they are motivated to return home after the visit to Canada
  • they meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations

Our Canada Immigration experts have expertise to deal with Canada Temporary Resident/Visitor/Tourist Visa matters. So if you have any queries regarding Canada Visas you can contact our experts Canada Immigration experts on +91 9819127002 or email us at

You can also connect with us on

Stay Informed

Receive regular updates about your Canada Visa News, Guidelines, New Canada Visa Law and more.