According to the surveillance taken by World Health Organisation (WHO) as of 29th March 2020, Canada has about 4,757 confirmed cases (739 new cases) and 55 confirmed deaths.
Out of all 10 canadian provinces, Quebec has the highest number of confirmed cases tolling up to 2,840 confirmed cases, 22 confirmed deaths followed by Ontario with the second highest number of 1,355 confirmed cases, 19 confirmed deaths and British Columbia with the third highest number of 884 confirmed cases and 17 confirmed deaths.
As on 18th March 2020, Canada has banned foreign nationals from all countries, except USA from entering Canada and has closed its borders to all non-essential travel. Canada has also announced financial help, through the COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, for Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Read our article on Covid -19 pandemic in Canada
Appended is the total number of COVID-19 cases in Canada 6,243 diagnoses and 63 deaths (as of March 29, 7:51 p.m. ET)
• Quebec: 2,840 confirmed (including 22 death, 29 resolved)
• Ontario: 1,355 confirmed (including 19 death, 8 resolved)
• British Columbia: 884 confirmed (including 17 death, (396 resolved)
• Alberta: 621 confirmed (including 2 deaths, 73 resolved)
• Saskatchewan: 134 confirmed (including 3 resolved)
• Newfoundland and Labrador: 135 confirmed (including 4 resolved)
• Nova Scotia: 122 confirmed
• Manitoba: 69 confirmed (including 1 death), 47 presumptive
• New Brunswick: 66 confirmed
• Repatriated Canadians: 13 confirmed
• Prince Edward Island: 11 confirmed
• Yukon: 4 confirmed
• Northwest Territories: 1 confirmed
• Nunavut: No confirmed cases
This report was published by The Government of Canada on March 29, 2020.
Click here for all Updates on Corona in Canada.
For more information regarding Immigration to Canada in general, Contact SmartMove2Canada at www.smartmove2canada.com. We are a niche law firm with a specialization in immigration law. To start your Canada Application process book an appointment for a FREE Consultation with our Expert Canada Immigration Consultant OR
Don’t miss a beat
Receive regular updates about your Canada Visa News, Guidelines, New Canada Visa Law and more.