It is a proven thing to the people that Immigrants having proficiency in English and French have enough chance to get better job in Canadian Labour Market or having better business opportunities. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) affirms that the ability to communicate in one or both of Canada’s two official languages is key to finding employment and ensuring a smooth transition into Canadian life.
Language skill is one of the most important factors out of six selection factors which CIC consider to decide eligibility for express entry. One can prove their language ability through four modules which is listening, writing, speaking and reading. An individual applicant can get maximum 290 points out of 600 while going through express entry Program.
Importance of French Language in Canada Immigration
- Québec is a very unique and demanding province for the immigrants and rather Quebec is the only province in Canada with French as its official language.
- Ontario which is most demanding province by Immigrants issues letter of interest to the applicant through their French speaking skilled worker stream. By this one will come to know how important French language is there in Ontario, Canada
To prove your French language ability there is only one exam provided by Canadian Immigration Authorities which is TEF (The Test d’Évaluation du Français). One can get 15 additional points in Comprehensive Ranking system which is out of 600.
Language ability minimum requirement under express entry
- For FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program) applicants must prove that they score minimum CLB 7
- For FSTP (Federal Skilled Trade Program) applicants must prove that they score minimum CLB 5 for speaking and listening whereas CLB 4 for reading and writing
- For CEC (Canada Experience Class) if applicant belongs to NOC falling under category O or A then minimum CLB required is CLB 7. Whereas if applicant belongs to NOC falling under category B then minimum CLB required is CLB 5.
Benefits to International Student in Canada
As per one of the international survey at least fifty per cent of International Students who are currently in Canada want to apply for Canada Permanent residency. The reason is while staying in Canada as student you will always find yourself surrounded by people who belong to Canada and speaking their official languages by which student take advantage of improving their Canadian language skills. As per report published in 2018 it states 22500 students out of 90000 who got Canada PR were International Student taking education in Canada or former student with Canadian Degree or Diploma. As per recent years Statistics report people with higher language proficiency (Like Canada International Student) are earning more during their early years of PR as compared to other immigrants.
Therefore considering all facts – having hold on English and/or French which are official languages of Canada will make it easy or rather beneficial to survive in Canada.
Don’t miss a beat
Receive regular updates about your Canada Visa News, Guidelines, New Canada Visa Law and more.